Sunday, October 6, 2013

Literature Analysis #2

Topics
1. My book, No Limits, is about the journey and triumphs Michael Phelps went through before winning eight gold medals at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. He talks about all his hard training and the process of becoming that successful at such a young age. He also takes you inside his mindsets and how he gets mentally prepared before a big meet or before a race. He reveals the secrets to his performance in the pool.
2. This author decided to write this because he wanted to share his experience and his success. He has a lot of fans all over the world that look up to him and after the 2008 Olympics he got more attention because of how many gold medals he won and so many people asked him how he did it so he just wrote a book about it.
3. I chose this book because I am a swimmer and I have looked up to Michael Phelps for as long as I can remember. He is very successful and I love to watch him swim. He has the most perfect technique and a beautiful stroke its unbelievable. I wanted to see inside his mind and that's the reason why I chose to read this book. he is one of my biggest inspiration.
4. I did find this book realistic because I am a swimmer and I can relate to some of the things he talks about like mindsets, and how you train, eat, and what you put your body through. Its easy for me to understand it unlike if you were a golfer because we do different things.
People
1. You can tell Phelps didn't make up any people. He takes you through his childhood and how he use to get bullied by kids and even a teacher. he has been famous since he was about 13 and we have been paying attention to him since and you can see what he has been through. His tone is positive throughout the book because he never gave up. it shows a lot in a person who has been through a lot like him and just stays positive.
2. Two people he talks about is his mom and bob which is his coach. Bob has been his only coach, the way he describes him makes him seem like he isn't the type of person who gives up. he never gave up on Michael. his Mom is just adorable. she was a single parent raising three kids and never left their side. She was always there to cheer them on. That's a very supportive mom.
3.These people are interesting to write about because they have been there for Michael since day one. They never left his side and are so supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment